I always feel like I’m learning life lessons. Lessons that I don’t necessarily want; ones that I’m sitting here like, okay God, what is the purpose of this? But I’ve kept up with this list of things I’ve been learning in the past…well, if I try to narrow it down, I’d say the past few months. And so, because I love lists: 20 things I’ve learned since turning 20 (sort of):
1. Nothing is impossible. Go after your dreams.
2. One of the best feelings on earth is having friends who are looking out for you.
3. You won’t get anywhere in life if you don’t take some initiative. Send the email, make the phone call, ask the question.
4. The people who are meant to stay in your life will stay there without you having to force them there.
5. That said, there will always be some lost friendships you can never really get over.
6. Money spent on travel will never be money poorly spent.
7. Take everything you’re given with an open hand.
8. A good night’s sleep can make a world of difference.
9. Car prayers. Just car prayers. I don’t have anything else to say about them. They’re perfect.
10. Never let anyone make you feel like you’re anything less than extraordinary.
11. The fastest friendships are formed over coffee, card games, or sharing a bathroom for a week.
12. Letting go is a very long process, but it will happen.
13. Prayer makes a difference, truly.
14. Sometimes you just have to put the camera away and enjoy the moment.
15. We are all blessed beyond belief and take too much for granted.
16. Figure out what you want, figure out what you don’t want. Don’t settle for less.
17. God’s plan is better than ours. Believe it.
18. Rambling conversations can be the best of conversations.
19. Getting out of your comfort zone can have some awesome outcomes.
20. The hardest of lessons to learn can end up being the biggest blessings.